Long Island Beauty School in Hempstead is the biggest joke and waste of money and time. The tuition is about $13,000, which is appealing at first, but in only a few short weeks you will learn that the phrase "You get what you pay for" applies. Ms. Cynthia is a sweet...

Not defending the terms used here, but in my experience at this school the 90% "hood rat" population was of all types of nationality/race. I wouldn't say that's a nice way to put it, but the quality of students who attended of ALL races really was not that great.

It was a very difficult environment to learn in as there were so many disruptive students, and the teachers didn't seem to care about teaching anyway. I will reiterate from these posts that Ms. Diane was the most dedicated to her students. Ms.

Laurine taught me alot, but I had to ask her personally to sit with me and demonstrate and discuss. I guess that's what happens after years of disruptive students though, I'm sure teaching is difficult when you only have a handful of students really pulling their weight to succeed. Ms. Laurine and I wound up developing a great mentor-student relationship once she realized how much I truly wanted to learn.

I didn't enjoy my time at the school but I took what lessons I could and got through it. As 1 of only 2 Caucasian students during my enrollment, I had a handful of wonderful girls, (black, Dominican, Korean) all who were willing to teach me the differences in hair textures and genetics of different hair. It definitely was a lot of what you made it, but I do really think this school needs some sort of evaluation and revamping.

Instructors, curriculum, modernized techniques. It could be a great school again, but it seems that the drive and ambition of the staff and instructors has really fallen to the wayside.

View more comments