Filter by rating :
3 of 10 reviews with 2-star rating. Clear filter
filters

Get what you pay for | Long Island Beauty School review from Hauppauge, New York

2.4
March 31 i went to libs in hauppauge for cut and color. The young lady was extremely personable however the color was very drab brown i wanted a reddish brown....i get better color from a box dye.....the cut was supposed to be layered....i am still looking for the layers lol. I will now have to get another cut and cant wait till i can color again. Also teacher came by only once while color was setting. I dont blame the young lady she did her best however i will never go back
Service
Long Island Beauty School Hair Coloring
Bad quality
1.5
I went to this school about 2 years ago. I signed up with the same dream as all the other girls/boys just to be let down. I want people to be aware before they waste their money here. They give you a set of hours you get to miss and these hours are barley enough to get...

I'm so very sorry to read about your experience at that school. Breaks my heart.

I can't tell you how many students feel exactly the way you do. I've been in the Beauty Industry for over 18 years and it's been the most rewarding and lucrative experience. I got into education 5 years ago and I've sat with students such as yourself with such excitement and passion only for it to be squashed a couple of months into the program. I've seen it as a Salon Owner, not being able to find hardworking, talented stylist with integrity.

It's a horrible cylcle and the industry has been down graded because of it. That's why I decided to open my own Professional Beauty Academy. I took all of my experience plus everything my past students have complained about and combined that with what Salon Owners are looking for. I added a Business program so my students would graduate with a diploma in Business as well as Cosmetology or Makeup.

Our programs are flipped compared to all the other schools. We focus about 90% on your beauty industry career & skill set and 10% on state board. We run state board drills at the end so your fully prepared to pass your exam for licensure and completely prepared to begin working as a Professional in the Industry upon licensure. The best part is that we are 100% student focused and are committed to your success!

Our tuition is the lowest in NY and we offer the best, top of the line EVERYTHING! We don't believe in debt so our students graduate with zero loans to repay and start making money right away! My point is, it's stories like yours that motivated me to put everything I had on the line and open a school that would DELIVER on its promises and upgrade the industry one professional at a time! Don't give up on your dream!

Constantly educate yourself and work hard.

Despite all the nonsense around you, block it out and focus on your career! You can do it!!!

View more comments
Bad quality

Staff Review

2.0
I agree with you they don't how to treat people. While I was their treat me real bad because I had a disability or color of my skin . God only knew why they did but I forgive hair Desgin . Because end of day God love matter what know take my success away from me.
Poor customer service